My new friend Kimmie from Over the Moon with Joy has tagged me. She has fascinating blog that takes you through their adoption journey. She has asked for eight random things about myself. I delighted in this exercise simply because I have a pick me personality.
- When I was young, my brothers were paid to go into the barns at night to catch chickens and I was paid (not much mind you) to stay inside. My dad didn't want me to be a tom boy.
- I don't sweat. I can't take the hot sun. I absolutely wilt. At 48 years old I am experiencing for the first time in my life dampness. While I do find these damp moments come at the most inopportune times, I quite enjoy the cooling after the dampness when hit by a breeze.
- After the birth of our first son, I lost the baby fat off of my face. People always remarked at how different I looked after that.
- I've been to Niagara Falls when there was ice frozen to the top of the fence. It gave me the willy's but I stood there anyways, . . .even back then I couldn't resist a picture op.
- I get incredibly car sick. I will never look at the person next to me in the car when we talk. If it is raining, my car sickness is far worse. Recently I discovered natural Gravol Pills and they work like a charm, Terry is even considering a cruise with me. (something he always vowed would be a huge waste of money.
- I won't eat in a restaurant that has smoking in it. I'm so spoiled. When I was growing up my family doctor smoked in his office, can you imagine that now?
- I never ever heard my mom and dad raise their voices at each other
- Linda was my science partner in grade nine and is now my youngest son's mother in law. She is very smart. (I'm glad we liked each other) I told her that year that I was going to marry Terry. We still laugh about that.
So there you go, I feel like I've shared so much about my life already in my blogging, I was hard pressed to come up with something you didn't already know. I'm going to tag Julie since I think it would be fun to see how she would work this into her devotional blog. I'm going to tag Jill, even though she is on vacation, she blogs faithfully and will get to it when she comes home at the end of the month. I'm going to tag Haylee since she is #8's other daughter. I'm going to tag Candice since she has the most beautiful pictures and I'm certain she'll incorporate a few into her 8 things. I'm going to tag my nephew's wife Natalie (my niece) who is busy getting ready for either packing to escape a possible flood or knitting for her new babe on the way.So, run on over to the girls in the next week and if they don't respond to my gentle tag, maybe give them a reminder.
Have fun girls. Ill be back in a few days.