So here is my noodle making procedure. It took a bit longer than I remembered but it was worth it. I have a pasta roller but it can be done by hand and a rolling pin. It takes a bit of elbow grease but the amount of calories burned doing it allows you a few more noodles.
I'll give you the recipe but if anyone actually does tackle it, I would cut the recipe in half.
6 tbsp. water
2 tsp. salt
Flour to make a stiff dough.
1. Mix the first 3 ingredients well. Add enough flour to make a stiff dough.
2. Knead well with hands.
3. Divide dough into 2 or 3 pieces and form into balls.
4. Spread sheets out on a table until dry not brittle.
5. Cut into 1 1/2 strips.
6. Pile 5-6 on top of each other and cut into thin noodles. As dough is dry, you won't need to flour between the layers.
7. Cook in salted boiling water until done. Put in colander and drain. Quickly rinse with cold water and put back into pot.
8. Add some butter to prevent them from sticking.
The other way I serve these noodles is by serving them with caramelized onions and a cream gravy that is made with Whipping Cream and Butter.
I wouldn't recommend eating these too often, it tends to show. When you do eat them, just enjoy the dinner and worry about working it off the next day.
Tomorrow I will post the pictures I took of the big storm last night and today. My Internet service was down most of the day today. It was so gorgeous out there today. I just love a good storm.